Print Friendly Recipe
- A thick, nearly white gravy made as a side dish with southern fried chicken.
- grease from fried chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk or 1/2 milk & 1/2 water
- salt, pepper
- After frying chicken, pour off all grease except about 1 tbsp (15 ml).
- Leave any crumbs in the pan also.
- Add flour and stir over medium-high heat until flour is medium brown.
- Add milk (or water/milk mixture) and cook until thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- I usually make my chicken gravy with half milk/half water. This results in
a gravy that's a little less white and with a little less "body."
***Like many cooks, I often don't measure ingredients so these are approximate. For thicker or thinner gravy, adjust liquid accordingly.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.