Print Friendly Recipe
- Drippings from fried chicken
- Leave some of the "crackings" or crumbs from the chicken in the gravy.
- You need about 6 tbsp (90 ml).
- (An iron skillet really gives the best flavor.)
- Over medium-high heat, stir in enough flour to make it the consistency similar to thin pancake batter.
- Lightly brown this mixture.
- Put in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in milk.
- (Good gravy is hardly ever measured that I have seen, you just learn the "feel" and "look".) I say 4 cups? You will know the consistency when you see it.
- It does thicken after it has cooked for a minute or so.
- Trial and error is how I learned this,my mother taught me the basics and there were never measurements,when i asked "how much" she would tell me "till it looks right." A lot of help, huh? But it does eventually "look right" after making it a few times !
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.