Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:8 Small Sandwiches
- 4 thin slices fresh white bread
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). butter, softened
- 1large cucumber
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried tarragon, crumbled
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut the crusts from the bread.
- Spread slices with butter.
- Peel and seed the cucumber and chop coarsly.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand in colander for 10 minutes then pat dry.
- Mix with mayonnaise and tarragon amd season to taste.
- Spread on the bread.
- Cover with second slice and cut into quarters and arrange on plate.
- For Watercress Sandwiches substitute 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped watercress for the
- cucumber, and omit the salting and draining.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.