Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:10 servings (1 lb)
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) Cake flour
- 5 oz (140 grm) Baking powder
- 12 oz (336 grm) Sugar
- 1/2 oz (14 grm) Salt
- 11 oz (308 grm) Shortening
- 8 oz (224 grm) Raisins (optional)
- 1-1/4 oz (35 grm) Caraway seeds (optional)
- 2-3/4 pints Milk
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Work in shortening gently.
- Add raisins and caraway seeds if desired.
- With paddle on low speed, blend in milk to make a shaggy mass.
- Knead 20 sec on floured surface.
- Divide into 1 lb (.5 kg). loaves.
- Dust top with flour,press a cross in top of each loaf with knife.
- Bake at 400-425 F for 30 min until browned and cooked through.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.