Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 10 lb. brisket
- 8 oz (224 grm). "Tony's Cajun Seasoning"
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) mustard
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) light brown sugar
- 1 large bottle Italian salad sressing (any brand )
- 1 10 lb (4.5 kg). beef brisket, fat removed
- Lay brisket on large piece of aluminium foil.
- Apply 2 oz (56 grm). of the Tony's to each side of the brisket and rub in.
- Apply 2 tbsp (30 ml). mustard to one side and then apply another 2 oz (56 grm). of the Tony's over the mustard and rub in.
- Turn brisket over and repeat mustard and Tony's to the other side.
- Apply 1 lb (.5 kg). of the brown sugar so that it completely covers one side with a layer that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Flip meat over and repeat on other side.
- With fat side of the meat facing up, pour entire bottle of Italian salad dressing over the brisket and seal tightly in the aluminium foil.
- While it can be cooked inside an oven, best results are obtained by cooking outside in a smoker.
- Cook at 400 degrees (200 C.) for approximately 4 hours, or until done.
- Loosen foil and allow to "smoke" for last 30 minutes of cooking.
- This is also great for pork ribs!
- Until my son brought this recipe home, I was the "King of BBQ" around here, but now he is.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.