Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 1 lb (.5 kg). tripe
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). oregano
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch crushed red pepper
- Cut the tripe into 1/4" thick strips, using scissors.
- Wash well in salted water and then rinse.
- Put in pot and cover with water to which one tbsp salt has been added.
- Add the black pepper, bay leaf and oregano.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer one hour.
- Drain and discard bay leaf.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- If you like your sauce thinner, add a little water.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread to sop up the juices.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.