Print Friendly Recipe
- Rum Soaked cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans (walnuts)
- 1 package yellow cake mix (with pudding)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Bacardi dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan or 12 cups (2825 ml) bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts into bottom of pan. Mix cake ingredients and pour over
- nut in the pan. Bake 1 hour.
- Invert on serving plate.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add rum.
- Spoon and brush (with pastry brush) glaze evenly over top and sides of the cake.
- Repeat until all glaze is absorbed into the cake.
- This is a wonderful recipe given to me by a former colleague of my Husband's. The office personnel used to beg her to bring it to any functions they had.
Editors note: I don't invert my cakes--I use a 10 to 12 inch springform pan instead--I think the puffy tops look nicer! I also glaze it while it's still in the pan so the glaze doesn't run all over.
You can also use 2 4 inch springform pans to make gift-sized cakes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.