Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark rum
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 (4 serving) package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rum (80 proof)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together the cake mix, 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark rum, eggs, 1/2 cup (125 ml) water, oil, and vanilla pudding mix.
- Pour batter over the nuts in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool, and invert cake on a serving plate.
- Prick the top of the cake.
- To Make The Glaze:
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in 1/8 cup (30 ml) water and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove glaze from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup (60 ml) rum.
- Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.