Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick to prepare, and better yet to enjoy. Sharyn/KC
- My own experiment, doctored up a bit! :-)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped green bell pepper
- 8 oz (224 grm). bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8-10 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a 10 inch skillet melt butter, add mushrooms and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender - about 4-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In medium bowl combine milk, eggs, flour, and salt and pepper.
- With wire whisk, beat until frothy.
- Stir in 1 cup (225 ml) cheese, tomatoes, green pepper, bacon and mushrooms.
- Pour egg mixture into buttered 9 inch square baking pan, sprinkle with remaing cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set in center. (The toothpick test works well here).
- This is wonderful when served with hash browned potatoes-or-potato chunks. Home made biscuits will work well too.......ENJOY!!!!!
The Happy Chef,
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.