Print Friendly Recipe
- Old Fashioned Dressing
- Paulette Munn
- 1 cup (225 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) self-rising corn meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sugar
- 6 boiled eggs (grated)
- 1 cup (225 ml) of diced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of diced onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sage
- 2 cups (475 ml) of cornbread crumbs
- 2 cups (475 ml) of chicken or turkey broth
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into a greased baking pan, 8 x 13 inch or 12 x 12 inch.
- Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees (225 C.) F. for 22 Minutes.
- Dressing: May be prepared in advance or while cornbread is baking.
- Mix all ingredients (including cornbread crumbs) in large bowl, you may need to add more brothfor moister consistency.
- Then spread out in large baking pan and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut in squares and serve hot or warm,
- This has been an old family favorite, who knows where it originated.
Serves more than 8 if cut into smaller squares.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.