Print Friendly Recipe
- Julie McLaurine
- 16 oz (448 grm). penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8oz) whole kernal corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- One fourth cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Curly lettuce and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Optional-chopped chicken, shredded cheddar or monteray jack with peppers, jalepenos-chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream, can use non-fat
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa, thick and chunky
- One half tsp ground cumin-can add a little more if you want
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta, drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Combine with 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) of the dressing. Toss and chill.
- Spoon pasta onto lettuce lined platter.
- Top with beans, tomato, corn, pepper, and onion layering as you go.
- Can also add chopped chicken and/or shredded cheddar or monteray jack with peppers, and chopped jalepenos.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with remaining dressing.
- Dressing: Combine all and chill. Makes 2-1/4 cups (525 ml).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.