Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious,crisp cinnamon-flavoured biscuits.
- my personal recipe book
- 125 gms butter ( 1/4 lb)
- 1 cup (225 ml) castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sodium bicarbonate
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon powder
- Place butter and 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar in a bowl, and beat until light anf fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Sift together flour, self-raising flour and sodium bicarbonate, and stir into butter mixture.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- Wrap dough in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Mix together cinnamon powder and remaining sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- Roll each ball into the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place the balls about 2" apart on lightly greased trays.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees (175 C.) F.) for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- If these biscuits get a bit soggy the next day, just bake them for a few minutes in a preheated oven, and cool on wire racks. They'll be as crisp as they were on the first day of baking. Always store biscuits in an airtight container.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.