Print Friendly Recipe
- Deliciously aromatic rice flavoured with cumin seeds and fresh coriander
- Rochelle Gonsalves
- 1 cup (225 ml) basmati rice (substitute with plain rice)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) chicken stock cube (optional)
- salt to taste
- Wash the basmati rice and soak it for 30 minutes, and then drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds begin to crackle, add the drained rice, and gently stir for a few seconds.
- Then add salt and crumbled chicken stock cube, and mix gently.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) water, bring to a boil over high heat, and then simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves, and mix it in with a knife or a fork to prevent the rice grains from breaking.
- This rice is an excellent combination with any dal (lentil) preparation.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.