Print Friendly Recipe
- w/ Coconut Filling and Icing
- Leo Vetrano
Serves/Makes:6 to 8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) ripe, chopped mango (I use jarred)
- Extra slices mango to cover top of cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups (475 ml) self-rising flour (all purpose is a no-no)
- 1 box coconut cream instant pudding (or substitute)
- 1 sixteen ounce container coconut/pecan frosting
- Butter and flour two 9-inch round pans (or one 9 x 13 in. pan).
- Beat sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating until thouroughly mixed then, add milk, salt, baking soda, and flour and mix until smooth.
- Next, add the chopped mangoes (and optional nuts) and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for approx 50 min. or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out dry.
- Place cake on rack and cool thoroughly.
- Prepare coconut cream pudding as per instrucions on box and refrigerate.
- Place one layer of cake on waxed paper and cover evenly with pudding.
- Place second layer of cake atop pudding, making certain sides are even. Spread Coconut/Pecan Frosting around side and approx. 1/2 inch around edge of top.
- Place slices of Mango to cover top of cake. ENJOY!!!
- I found this cake recipe on-line and tried it with several
fillings and icings. The above was, by far, superior (in MHO).
It is a matter of taste so, play around with different flavors
like banana, mocha, etc.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.