Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 1 pint vodka
- 1 oz (28 grm) almond extract
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). lemon juice
- In a saucepan over low heat combine the sugar, lemon and 1/4 cup (60 ml) water.
- Cook slowly to a dark brown caramel syrup.
- Cool till warm but not hard.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) of water and liquify under low heat.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add the vodka and almond extract when cooled slightly.
- Pour into clean bottle.
- Make up any volume with plain water or more vodka.
- Making caramel can be tricky. Try a little brown sugar mixed in for a really dark color. Premade Amaretto concentrates are available at winemaking and home brewing supply stores.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.