Print Friendly Recipe
- My Dad
- 8 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 16 tbsp (225 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) butter or margerine (butter tastes better)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried marjoram
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
- 4 5 tbsp (70 ml) dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb (.5 kg) spaghetti
- While Pasta is cooking:
- Heat half the olive oil add garlic and brown slightly.
- Add remaining olive oil, both sticks of butter and add basil and marjoram.
- When butter is melted add parsley.
- Pour immediately over drained pasta and serve.
- This is a fast, easy and delicious dish my father passed on to me. I serve it often to my family. I sometimes add leftover boneless chicken and/or broccoli florets to my dish. I precook the broccoli and add these ingredients about the same time I add in the basil and marjoram; they just need to be heated through. It makes a complete one pot meal. This recipe is also easily doubled or even quartered if you like it a bit wetter.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.