Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck and 1959 cookbook
- 1 quart (950 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) raw rice
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) thin cream
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees (125 C.).
- Place first 4 ingredients in double boiler, cover and heat over boiling water until milk scalds.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and nutmeg.
- Turn into a 6 cups (1425 ml) casserole, do not cover.
- Place on middle rack and bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring with a fork 3 times during the first hour, to keep rice from settling.
- After 1 1/2 hours, stir in the cream.
- Bake until rice is perfectly tender.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.