Print Friendly Recipe
- Creamy rice pudding
- Angela Creighton
- 1 quart (950 ml) (4 cups) milk
- not quite 1/2 cup (125 ml) rice
- 4 oz (112 grm). (1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 1/8 cup) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- raisins (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- Cook milk until it scalds (tiny bubbles around edge), stirring often, in a large pot.
- Add rice, sugar, cinnamon and raisins (if using).
- Cook for 30 minutes with lid halfway on pot, stirring frequently.
- Remove lid and cook additional 15 - 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Beat egg with vanilla.
- Temper the egg mixture by adding a little of rice mixture to egg and stir in.
- Add egg mixture to pot SLOWLY, stirring constantly. Mix well.
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.
- Mixture thickens considerably after it is chilled. You may want to add additional milk if it is too thick.
- NOTE: I have made this recipe using skim milk and egg substitute and it
is delicious. I have also used Equal instead of sugar and that also was
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.