Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk, 8 cups
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- cinnamon sprinkled on top
- In a large pot, put in milk, sugar, rice and nutmeg.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer, STIR OFTEN,(heat at least an hour).
- Meantime in a bowl beat eggs and vanilla.
- When pudding is cooked to a thick consistency fold in egg mixture.
- Pour into a large serving bowl or individual ones and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- * May add raisins with the egg mixture but I prefer it without them.
- Got this recipe from my Mom and never liked rice pudding till I ate this. Hope that you enjoy.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.