Print Friendly Recipe
- Mary Sparks (my grandmother)
- 4 handfuls long grain rice
- 1 lump butter (size of walnut)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- dash salt
- Combine all ingredients except nutmeg in large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 2 hours, until lightly browned.
- Check after 1 1/2 hours as ovens vary.
- My grandmother came over from England, brought lots of great recipies.
This was always one of my favorits.
She had this every sunday like clockwork.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.