Print Friendly Recipe
- Homemade "Bisquick" Mix
- 10 cups (2350 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) shortening
- Sift dry ingredients together. With a pastry blender (or two knives) or food processor. Add shortening in spoonfuls and cut into dry ingredients until the texture of coarse cornmeal. Keep mixture stored in an airtight container. It will keep well for 3 months on shelf or longer in refridgerator. Use as you would Bisquick or biscuit mix.
- I found this on the internet last year but not sure who to credit it to. I haven't tried yet but sounds like a frugal idea.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.