Print Friendly Recipe
- Fit for a Pharoah
- Family recipe - Inga Francis
Serves/Makes:12 large pieces
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) gound cloves
- 4 oz (112 grm) semi-sweet baker's chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brewed coffee - can be hot
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients.
- Combine the coffee and chocolate over heat until chocolate is melted. Cool. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating each on in.
- Beat in the vanilla and the chocolate mixture.
- Then add alternately the liquid and dry inredients, beating well in between.
- Pour batter into 2 well greased 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) F. oven for one half hour.
- Cool cakes for about 10-15 minutes in pans before removing.
- Frost and fill the cake with the cinnamon whipped cream.
- Keep refrigerated, or add a little gelatin to the whipping cream to hold firm.
- Whip Cream frosting:
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters.
- Whip the cream until stiff, add slowly the vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Do not overbeat!
- The coffee flavor gives body - but is not noticable. Even my 7 year old loves this case.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.