Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- cinnamon on top
- Put milk, sugar and rice into a large pot, let it come to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer, stir often (heat at least an hour)
- Add nutmeg.
- Meantime in a bowl beat the eggs and vanilla.
- When rice mixture is cooked to a thick consistency, fold egg mixture into the rice mixture and TURN OFF HEAT!!!
- Pour into a large bowl or individual serving bowls
- You may add raisins to rice after it is cooked, but i prefer it without it.
Got this recipe from my Mom never liked rice pudding but do now. Hope that you enjoy!!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.