Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 flour tortillas
- Flour paste 2 Tbs (30 ml) Flour + 1 Tbs (15 ml) water
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cherries garnish
- Oil for frying
- Small deep fryer
- The night before they are to be served place one scoop of ice cream on each tortilla and wrap into a nice little round package.
- Make sure that your scoops of ice cream are solid not hollow in center.
- Use a little flour and water paste to glue it shut.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap tightly and put back into the freezer. Freeze them solid overnight.
- WARNING- They should remain frozen until just prior to frying.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Remove plastic from one and place it in the oil for 20 seconds.
- Remove from oil and place in bowl.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle on some honey.
- Add whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Top with cherry and serve.
- Make them one at a time from start to finish unless you have a large fryer.
You are not actually frying the ice cream.
You are browning a tortilla quickly before the ice cream has a chance to melt.
Allow the oil to reach 375 degrees before frying the next one.
Good Luck on your school project!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.