Print Friendly Recipe
- Meat cooked in gravy and served over rice or noodles
- Margaret Roberts
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 round steak, cut into small cubes and fat removed
- 1 can beef consume
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). container sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce (optional)
- 1 soup can of water
- cooked rice or noodles
- Cut round steak into 1" cubes--the meat cuts easier if the meat is slightly frozen.
- Melt butter in large skillet or Dutch oven, add meat and onions and cook until meat is just brown and onions transparent.
- Add beef consume, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and water.
- Cook over low heat,covered, until meat is really tender, I usually cook mine for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the gravy is thicken.
- It needs to be stirred every so often.
- Just before serving stir in sour cream--blends in better if the sour cream is room temperature.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- My mother made this for special Sunday dinners and my family loves it, too.
I usually fix both rice and noodles as some of my family likes rice and some noodles.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.