Print Friendly Recipe
- Joe Mullany
- 6 firm ripe tomatoes
- 1 large Vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 (8 oz (224 grm).) package Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut slice from stem end of tomatoes.
- Scoop out inside and leave shell intact.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is transparent and not browned.
- Add tomato pulp and cook 10 minutes.
- Add stuffing, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly.
- Stuff tomato shells with mixture.
- Bake in a dish with a small amount of butter and water in bottem for 20 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Chattanooga Free Press, June 2, 1999
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.