Print Friendly Recipe
- Sheila Lacomba
- Vanilla Ice Cream or your favorite flavor
- Crushed corn flakes
- Cinnamon sugar
- Caramel syrup
- Whipped cream
- Crush the cornflakes and add cinnamon sugar to taste.
- Roll the ice cream in balls (approx 1 cup (225 ml) of ice cream) and roll into the cornflake mixture to coat.
- Allow to refreeze very hard on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Drop balls into very hot oil for 2-3 seconds.
- Remove and serve immediately with caramel syrup and whipped cream.
- I used to work in a Mexican restaurant where this dessert was served.
When rolling the ice cream balls, we worked in the large walk-in freezer
to keep the ice cream from melting. You'll probably have to roll 1-2
and keep going back in the freezer to retrieve the ice cream. Good
luck on your class project.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.