Print Friendly Recipe
- Linda Engbarth Weissert (originally from Mr. Food)
Serves/Makes:20 or more
- 2 15 lbs (6.8 kg). or more fresh ham
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) black pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) hickory wood chips, soaked in water and drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil; place the ham skin side up in the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper, mix well and then rub evenly over the ham.
- Bake for 4 hours, basting occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- If using a charcoal grill, place the wood chips on the hot charcoal.
- If using a gas grill, place the wood chips in a disposable aluminum pan directly on the heat surface (under the grill rack).
- Place the ham on the grill.
- Cover the grill and cook for 1 hour, or until browned and a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 170 degrees (80 C.).
- Remove to a cutting board and slice.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.