Print Friendly Recipe
- Consists of two parts, Brandied Fruit Starter and Bread
- Chuck- Have had recipe for many years.
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each ground cloves and nutmeg
- 1 cup (225 ml) pecans
- 2 cups (475 ml) drained "Brandied Fruit Starter" (Recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) starter fruit juice
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add to butter mixture beating well.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Coarsely chop brandied fruit and stir into batter.
- Add pecans and juice, mixing well.
- Pour into a well greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired
- BRANDIED FRUIT STARTER
15 1/2 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
16 ounce can sliced peaches, drained
17 ounce can apricot halves, drained
10 ounce jar marachino cherries, drained
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brandy (apricot, peach or plain)
Combine in a bowl, stir and cover.
Let stand at room temperature for 3 weeks, stirring twice a week.
Always reserve 1 cup of starter to replenish, adding 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of each of the first 4 ingredients every 1 to 3 weeks.
Alternate fruit each time.
Stir, cover and allow to stand 3 days before using.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.