Print Friendly Recipe
- Crab meat casserole
- K. Goins
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 pimentos, diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dry sherry
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lump crab meat, picked over to remove bits of shell and cartilage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix diced pepper and pimentos.
- Add salt, pepper, mustard, 3 tbsp (45 ml) mayonnaise, eggs, and 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sherry; mix well.
- Carefully fold the crab meat into the pepper mixture so as not to break up the pieces of crab.
- Add the remaining sherry.
- Place the mixture in a buttered casserole.
- Coat the top of the casserole with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Recipe from The New York Times Heritage Cookbook.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.