Print Friendly Recipe
- Kate Ransdell
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzerella
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl toss together the garlic, basil, salt and olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Alternate sliced tomatoes and slices of FRESH mozzerella on small salad plate.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- I suppose you could use regular, grocery store-type mozzerella in this, but using fresh makes all the difference in the world. Same goes for the basil -- use only fresh. This is also excellent if you dice the tomatoes and mix in with the olive oil, etc. I then use it as a topping on fresh-baked focaccia bread, topped with a piece of fresh mozzerella and a fresh basil leaf. Excellent appetizer.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.