Print Friendly Recipe
- Southern Living Magazine
- 1 loaf French bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- cream cheese
- favorite preserves/jellies(apricot,strawberry,raspberry,pineapple,cherry,&
- blackberry for example)
- Cut bread 1 inch thick and make a slit in the center of the slice forming a pocket.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Place a pat of cream cheese and tsp of favorite preserve or jelly
- Then dip into egg mixture.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and sear both sides of the bread.
- Spray baking sheet and place bread on sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. until egg is finished baking, approx 20-30 minutes
- Most important of all is the presentation:
- Swirl syrup on your prettiest plate and place finished product on plate; Sift powdered sugar over the French toast
- I had posted this recipe for directions but I found it. It is absolutely yummy!!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.