Print Friendly Recipe
- Jack Tanksley
Serves/Makes:As many as you want.
- Edamame Beans (as required)
- You can purchase these soy beans in their pods in the frozen vegetable section of major grocery stores or Japanese grocery stores.
- Place the beans on a steamer, bamboo ones are excellent and cheap, over a pot of steaming water.
- Pre-salt the skins of the beans with kosher or sea salt.
- When the beans are hot, bright in color, remove from heat and serve immediately.
- To eat the beans hold the bean pod between your thumb and forefinger and squeeze the bean (kids think they're shooting the bean into their mouth) into your mouth.
- Do the same with the next bean in the pod and so forth.
- Soy beans are an excellent source of vitamins. Kids think it's fun to eat them and adults love them too!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.