Print Friendly Recipe
- Allen Miglore
- 1 lb (.5 kg). catfish, cubed
- 1 lb (.5 kg). scallops
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can chicken broth
- 14 oz (392 grm). water
- 1 cup (225 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) flour
- Melt the butter and mix with flour to make a roux.
- Add the celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute until onions are soft.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Add any uncooked seafood and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add any pre-cooked seafood and heat through just before serving.
- Serve with salad and bread, or over rice.
- For a broth variation, drizzle a tsp of sherry over each serving.
- Another variation: try salmon instead of catfish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.