Print Friendly Recipe
- Carpaccio Sauce (makes 1 1/2 cups):
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 12 gerkins
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 anchovy filets
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) capers
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). very lean top round or filet
- Herb Butter (makes 1 cup):
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped tarragon
- 1 cup (225 ml) unsalted butter, room temperature
- toasted baguette slices
- Carpacio Sauce:
- Put all ingredients except the oil into a food processor and chop everything coarsely.
- With the machine running, add the oil, slowly to make a creamy mixture.
- Put sauce into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Use the freshest meat possible.
- Put meat into the freezer for an hour to make slicing easier.
- Slice very thin, about 1/16 of an inch.
- Herb Butter:
- Put herbs into food processor and chop fine, add butter and mix.
- Serve with toast baquettes with herb butter spread on them, and top with the meat and carpaccio sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.