Print Friendly Recipe
- uses 3oz. red food coloring
- Roxanne Kelly
Serves/Makes: 1 9-inch layer cake
- 3 oz (84 grm). red food coloring
- 4-1/2 tbsp (70 ml). cocoa
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) sifted granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttermilk
- 3-1/4 cups (775 ml) sifted flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). (scant) salt
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). soda
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). vanilla
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). vinegar
- Mix red coloring and cocoa together with fork and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Combine cocoa and creamed mixture; beat.
- Add buttermilk alternately with flour, salt and soda.
- Fold in vanilla and vinegar.
- Pour batter into two 9-inch cake pans with bottoms greased and lined with waxed paper.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.