Print Friendly Recipe
- a hearty cake everyone will love
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) Quick Oats
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown Sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) white Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) nutmeg
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) canned milk or cream
- 1/4 cube butter
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) coconut
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix butter, oats & boiling water s and let stand 20 minutes; then add sugars & egg. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture, add vanilla.
- Beat for 2 min on medium speed.
- Pour into greased & floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix ingredients listed for the topping & spread on the hot cake then broil until crisp (be sure to keep your eye on it).
- This recipe has been handed down for several generations & is a family favorite.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.