Print Friendly Recipe
- Boneless chicken and spinach in a lemon-butter sauce
- Angela Creighton
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 oz (168 grm). sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz (112 grm). sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, saute spinach and onions in 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter then place in buttered baking dish.
- Cook chicken and mushrooms in remaining butter until chicken is browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center.
- Place chicken on top of spinach.
- Add wine to pan, then stir in flour.
- Slowly add the sour cream and stir until hot and thickened.
- Season sauce with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top of chicken then sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. A great company dish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.