Print Friendly Recipe
- Healthy and delicious
- Angela Creighton
- 1 bag (16 oz (448 grm).) navy beans, rinsed
- 6 cups (1425 ml) water
- 1 can (15 oz (420 grm).) diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 pound ham, diced
- 1 packet instant chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for two hours.
- Add an additional two to four cups water.
- Reseason if necessary with salt and pepper.
- Simmer additional two hours.
- Discard bay leaf.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.