Print Friendly Recipe
- Julie Cross
- 6 whole boneless chicken breasts, separated (12 pieces)
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely chopped cooked shrimp
- 2 sticks butter (can substitute margarine)softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped green onions
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- oil for frying
- place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix together softened butter, onions, and shrimp (works best using your hands!)
- Divide mixture evenly amoung chicken breasts.
- Roll breasts from wide end to narrow.
- Secure with toothpicks (I have always used three for each breast, that way my family knows how many to look for!)
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Mix together salt, flour, and baking powder.
- Add enough water to make batter (about the consistancy of pancake batter.)
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in deep fry pan (350 degrees (175 C.) to 375 degrees)
- Dip each breast in batter and fry till crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and put in oven to keep warm while continuing to cook remainder of chicken.
- Serve immediately.
- I serve these with white rice and sweet and sour sauce.
For company, rather than batter and fry, I roll each
breast in italian seasoned bread crumbs, put in glass baking
dish, and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/4 hours.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.