Print Friendly Recipe
- Bacon wrapped Marinaded Water Chestnuts
- Debbie from Monroe, Wa.
Serves/Makes:Abt 24 appetizers
- 2 cans water chestnuts drained whole or sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg) bacon
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 T catsup
- 1 T vinegar
- 1/4 t vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.) F.
- Cut whole water Chestnuts in half.
- Put chestnuts in marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the bacon strips in half & then take 1 half or 2 sliced chestnuts & roll bacon around, secure with toothpick & roll in brown sugar.
- Bake* for about 20 min turning occassonaly.
- *bake on foil wrapped deep cookie sheet.
- For best results place on cooling rack while baking these are pretty fatty & delicious!
- This recipe origionally came from my grandfather who was quite a chef!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.