Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- one 9 inch pie shell
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 ml) instant coffee or espresso in 1 tsp (5 ml) water (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) confectioners sugar
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in sugar, and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs well.
- Stir in chopped pecans and melted butter mixture.
- Stir in coffee if using.
- Spread chocolate chips evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour pecan mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) F. for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature about 8 hours before serving.
- Pie will be soft.
- Combine cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whip until stiff.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.