Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beer, or more if necessary
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded coconut
- 1 jar prepared duck sauce
- Heat 1-1/2 inches of oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium high heat to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Lightly coat shrimp with 1/4 cup (60 ml) baking mix.
- Combine 1 cup (225 ml) baking mix, beer, salt and egg in a bowl.
- Beat with a hand beater until batter is smooth and thin.
- If batter is too thick, stir in additional beer, 1 tbsp (15 ml) at a time, until of desired consistency.
- Dip shrimp into batter, letting excess drip into bowl.
- Roll shrimp in coconut.
- Place shrimp in hot oil and fry about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with duck sauce.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.