Print Friendly Recipe
- Frances Bishop
- 2 bags of navy beans
- 1 hambone
- 2 capfuls of vinegar
- The night before, soak the beans in a pot of water to soften.
- In the morning, drain the water off the beans, and fill pot with fresh water. Add the beans, the hambone, and the vinegar.
- Cook over a medium heat all day.
- As the soup thickens it will burn if not stirred constantly.
- You can adjust the amount of beans according to your needs.
- My mother made this when I was a little girl, she served it with cornbread and mashed potatoes. Now it is one of my children's favorite meals, too.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.