Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 8 oz (224 grm). natural Swiss cheese, diced
- 8 oz (224 grm). Gruyere cheese, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 cups (475 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Kirsch
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 1" cubes
- Place cheese in plastic bag.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Toss until cheese is coated.
- Rub cut clove of garlic on bottom and sides of 3-quart saucepan.
- Add wine.
- Heat over low heat just until bubbles rise to surface (do not boil).
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add cheese, about 1/2 cup (125 ml) at a time, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in Kirsch.
- Pour into ceramic fondue pot over low heat.
- Use long-handled forks to spear bread cubes.
- Dip and swirl bread in fondue.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.