Print Friendly Recipe
- Julie Cross
Serves/Makes:deep 9 x 13 pan or 10 x 14 pan
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 8 tbsp (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) mayonaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add water, mayonaise and vanilla.
- Mix on medium or medium high for about two minutes.
- pour into greased and floured deep 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Bake 350 degrees (175 C.) F for about one hour or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean
- This has been my husband's favorite cake for 28 years! It's the one everyone wants me to bake when there is a need for a cake. It's a very heavy cake.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.