Print Friendly Recipe
- From a book of Chuck's dated 1955
Serves/Makes:About 3 quarts
- 3 quarts (2850 ml) medium size cucumbers, sliced
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pickling salt
- water to cover vegetables
- 2 cups (475 ml) white vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sugar
- 2 tbs (30 ml) mustard seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) each celery seed abd turmeric
- Combine the vegetables and mix with the salt.
- Let stand 3 hours and then drain.
- Combine vinegar and remaing ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and heat to simmering.
- Avoid boiling the vegetables, for this makes them soft.
- Pack while hot into sterilized jars and seal.
- This is from a book titled "Pickles and Preserves by Marion Brown Published 1955.
Ihave older books if this is not old enough. Some date back to the 1800s.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.