Print Friendly Recipe
- Icing thin enough to run into holes of cake layers
- From My Mother's collection
Serves/Makes:depends on size of cake
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla flavoring
- Mix sugar, cocoa milk and margarine or butter in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes [ no more than 1 1/2 minutes].
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over warm cake layers with holes punched into each layer. Do the same for the next layers and so on.
- My Mother has used this recipe for years and upon her death in 1966 I inherited it. I have reared three children making that same cake and it is one of their favorites. Sure is good! Hope this is what you are looking for. Enjoy! Sincerely, Sandra Dillehay
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.