Print Friendly Recipe
- Topped with ice cream this is like a hot fudge sundae
- Kathy Donovan
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) Hershey's cocoa, divided
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter, melted
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) hot water
- sweetened whipped cream
- chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F..
- In bowl, stir together 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar, flour, 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tbsp (60 ml) cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top; DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35-45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream) and walnuts. ENJOY!!!!!
- I believe this is a version of the recipe you are looking for. I had another that didn't use the chocolate chips in it but I couldn't locate the recipe. This recipe is just a bit more chocolate. Guaranteed to satisfy any chocoholic!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.