Print Friendly Recipe
- this is not hush puppies but kernels of corn can be used
- Essence of Emeril cookbook
Serves/Makes:makes 8 inch round loaf
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) corn kernels, scrapped fresh from cob
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornmeal
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.) F.
- In a small saute pan heat 1 tsp (5 ml) butter, add corn kernels and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, and corn kernels.
- Add to flour mixture and stir until just smooth.
- In an 8-inch cast iron skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- When butter begins to foam, pour in batter and place pan in oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes untilskewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Yield: 8-inch round loaf
- I know you asked for hush puppy recipe, but thought this might be of some help also.
I am in process of moving into new home and have packed up most of my recipe books but
will get the one out that I use quite frequently and will type it in for you. I also have
one for Mexican cornbread that uses corn and it is quite good. My husbands favorite, so hang
in there and I will have it for you in a few days. Enjoy this one! It is good.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.